Have you got a San Antonio Texas home that’s in foreclosure right now? Many people going through the Texas foreclosure process want to escape from under that burdensome house and wonder whether they can sell the house in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a bit more complicated, but usually you can sell your property before foreclosure. Generally, the sooner you begin, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in San Antonio? – How it works
There are a lot of folks in San Antonio who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been shifting the way that they deal with foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure now San Antonio by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the lender (but do not be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will probably be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but describing your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a very long way.
- Start keeping detailed records of every conversation that you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you talk with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Based upon the details of your own personal situation, you could be in a position to dramatically slow down the foreclosure procedure with enough effort. Each lender has its own policies to assist borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Do not wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The farther behind you become on payments, the fewer options are offered to you
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations such as foreclosure around San Antonio and the entire state of Texas eliminate tough situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances, we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your house with cash.
If you need to sell a property in San Antonio or the surrounding areas, we can help you.
We buy houses like yours from people who need to sell fast.